Ontario Equine Facility Operators: Biosecurity Enhancement Initiative
Attention Ontario Equine Facility Operators!
Are you an owner of an equine operation (e.g. racehorse training facility, boarding stable or breeding operation)?
Do you want to improve your operation’s biosecurity?
OMAFRA, through the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership, has launched a Biosecurity Enhancement Initiative to provide cost-share funding for eligible and approved projects.
Equine projects that might be eligible include:
- Building an isolation or quarantine barn or stalls
- Installing an isolation or quarantine paddock
- Hiring an expert to develop a biosecurity plan for your farm or facility
- Biosecurity education for your staff
- Establishing cleaning and disinfecting practices
- Pest management
- Baseline health testing
Please follow the link below for more information and to apply today!